Deadline

"Holy smokes! Is that your brother?" They had been friends for so long, she knew Madison's brother even through the makeup and photo editing, not to mention the fact he was dressed from head to toe like a ballerina ready for her recital.

"Yep! I told Mom I was done modeling, but she took another assignment anyway. So, I snuck out and spent the night at Lessie's. I'm grounded for a month, but Mom had a deadline." She gestured triumphantly toward the photo. "Which means Cayden had to fill in."

"How'd she ever get him to agree?"

"Fifty bucks and a promise she'd do enough editing, no one would know it was him. Course, you recognized him immediately, didn't you?" She chuckled. "I got back early enough that he was still wearing it. You should've heard his shriek. And Mom was so mad, she completely forgot about helping him get it off, so he had to stand there and pout while she lectured me for twenty minutes."

"He must've been miserable."

"Sure." Madison grinned. "So, do you think his friends would recognize him as fast as you did?"

Comments

  1. I love your Ballet stories. I wish that it was me that gets into so much pleasure. I did ballet as a child but apart from a very few occasions just wore normal boys costumes. The only times I wore a girls costumes were to fill in at a recital or competition the last minute for a sick girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prêt-à-Porter

Wicked Stepmother

The Snowball