Twirling James









"Seriously your brother is driving me crazy."

"Welcome to my world." Molly said. "Little brothers are annoying." Her mom smiled.

"You know I don't like you saying that. True though it may be."

"Well, why'd you take his video games away?"

"He's failing Geography."

"Ah."

"But I'm almost ready to give in, just to get him out of my hair. Yesterday, he spent an hour sitting on the couch, just sighing loudly about how bored he is." Molly nodded.

"Yeah, he did that to me too until I basically had to throw him out of my room." An idea came to mind. "What if I could keep him occupied?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, but" she paused. "You gotta trust me that I'm doing the right thing."

"That's ominous." She frowned. "But I'm desperate."

"Perfect. Trust me. It won't hurt him one bit. I'll go wake him up and, well, you'll see." She went upstairs.

When neither James nor Molly came back downstairs immediately, their mom busied herself with things around the house. It was a few hours before she happened to pass by a window and see a girl twirling outside, her floral dress flying up enough to reveal her pink shorts. At least the girl's mother had taught her to dress modestly if she's going to be twirling, she thought until the girl came to a stop. Even in the dress and with long hair, she immediately recognized her son.

"James?" She said, nearly dropping her glass of water in shock.

"Oh, sorry. Forgot to tell you." Molly said. "James and I had a long talk about things he can do instead of his video games."

"And how did that happen?" She gestured at James now twirling again in his dress.

"Well, he insisted that all my ideas are girl things, so with the help of grandma's old spellbook, I gave him a new point of view. And that box from the back of my closet with all my old dresses. I wouldn't be surprised if he works his way through all of them before you give him back his games."

"Wha?" was all her mother could say as James twirled and twirled. Molly laughed.

"The spell wears off in a week and he'll go back to normal. The hair was just so that no one thought he's a boy in a dress. You know, just in case." She smiled, quite pleased with herself. "I told you to trust me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prêt-à-Porter

Wicked Stepmother

The Snowball