The Teddy Bear


“Hello there, Timmy!” Tim sighed and looked at the smiling stuffed bear on his bed.
“It’s Tim now. I told you that.”
“It always used to be Timmy?” The bear said with that note of confusion in his voice.
“Well, I’m not a little kid anymore.”
“You’ll always be a little boy to me, Timmy.”
“Stop saying that.”
“Why are you so grumpy, Timmy? Did you have a bad day?”
“Yes! You saw what Mom bought me.”
“Oh.” The bear said. “Well, I don’t mind that you need those at night.”
“She only bought them because of you.”
“What do you mean?” Tim growled at the bear’s feigned innocence.
“You’re the one who made me start wetting the bed again!”
“I did?”
“Yes!” Tim snarled, marching over to the bear and sitting down on the bed so he could look the bear right in the eye. “And it’s thanks to you that she got me those instead of the Goodnites she wanted to.”
“Well,” the bear said cheerfully. “You’re still a little boy and I don’t want you growing up too fast!”
“I’m not a little boy anymore!” The bear chuckled.
“You are to me.”
“But”
“And the sooner you accept that, the sooner we’ll be best buddies again!”
“But”
“Trust me, Timmy. I’ll get you back on track. Have I steered you wrong before?”
“Yes.” Tim insisted! “You’re the one that makes me yawn so much at 8 that I couldn’t even keep gaming”
“8 is the proper bedtime for little Timmy.”
“I am not” he began to yawn and he glared at the bear.
“Sounds like Timmy needs an afternoon nap.” The bear said. “Why don’t you lie down and take a nice nap?” Tim felt his eyelids growing heavy as the bear talked. “Don’t worry, I”ll be here to keep the monsters away. You don’t want scary monsters do you?” Tim yawned and found his head hitting the pillow. Did he pull the stuffed bear into his arms or had the bear climbed there himself? He did not know. All he knew was that he was sleepy, so sleepy. The bear smiled and nuzzled the underside of his chin. “Once you’re used to wearing diapers to bed again, I think we’ll get rid of these silly boxers you wear. I miss the fun, colorful briefs you used to wear, so little Timmy will have to go back to those soon.” He chuckled as he heard soft snores coming from the teen. “Oh, we’ll talk about that after you wake up. Nighty night, little boy. Your bear will always be here for you. Forever and ever.”

Comments

  1. This story is just my cup of tea. I wonder if you have anything else with a living toy trying to regress it owner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prêt-à-Porter

Wicked Stepmother

The Snowball