The Heist 3: Camp Wildfire








Normally, packing would be boring. It was everything Alex hated about putting laundry away, but in reverse. As he pushed aside a pair of ballet panties to grab a fistful of underwear, however, Alex could not help but feel excited. Two weeks of camp! Two weeks of swimming, hiking, that rope course, and most importantly, two weeks where he could forget completely about ballet. It had been almost two whole years since he had dressed up as Meghan to try and frame her - the stupidest plan he had ever had - but still Mom made him do ballet twice a week.
"Well, doesn't matter. Two weeks at Camp Wildfire, here I come." He closed his suitcase and grinned. He left Friday, which meant he only had to endure one more Thursday class.
"Alex, are you done packing?" Mom asked, knocking on his bedroom door even as she walked in.
"I think so." He was so excited, he had not even complained that Mom was making him pack a full twenty four hours before camp.
"Let's check." Mom opened his suitcase and shook her head. "Nope."
"What? Oh, I was going to put bug spray and sunscreen in the outside pocket." Mom unceremoniously dumped the suitcase on his plaid bedspread. "Panties, tights, and tutus."
"What!? Mom, no."
"Yes." She replied. "Last year, I let you go to Camp Wildfire and when you came back, you were behind your classmates at Madame Rousseau's."
"So?"
"So, this year, you'll be attending Camp Jingle N Jump."
"What? Mom, no!"
"Yes, Alex. It's a ballet camp. You'll get rusty being out of class for two whole weeks. Your instructor recommended it."
"But"
"But nothing. You have thirty minutes. I want your suitcase packed with your panties and tights nicely rolled on the side here." She pointed. "I've made you an appointment at Bubbles at four to get your hair tamed for camp." She gave his shoulder a squeeze. "What are you packing in your suitcase?"
"Panties, tights, and tutus."
"Good. I'll be back in a few minutes with some pajamas and a cute swimsuit since you'll be sharing a cabin with the other ballerinas. Get started."

Comments

  1. I’ve been waiting for the Part 3 of The Heist for awhile! Is Part 3 of Tanner coming soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanner will be long, so it's going to take me a while to write, but yes, it's on my list

      Delete
  2. Great sequel! I wonder if you ever think about write sequel about boys don’t wear dresses too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote myself into a corner with Boys Don't Wear Dresses

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for part 4. Is there any chance of a part 5, his adventures at camp with the other ballerinas?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part 4? Do you know something I don't? 😆

      Delete
  4. I was not expecting to see a 3rd part to the Heist story but am thrilled to see it all the same 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea came to me randomly. I'm as surprised as you are!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prêt-à-Porter

Wicked Stepmother

The Snowball