My Baby Brother


 

"Alright. Your sister's at Sylvie's house for the night, we'll be heading out to dinner and our movie." Mom said. "Your phone's charged in case of an emergency, right?" He patted the charging phone next to him on his bed.

"I'll be fine, mom." He said. "For god sakes, I'm in high school."

"Well, call or text us if you need anything." She left his room and he sat there, listening to the sounds of his parents leaving. There was the front door opening... closing... the lock turning... their car doors closing. He rolled over and watched them leave from his bedroom window. Perfect.

In his enthusiasm, he all but leapt out of his hoodie and shorts, so he had to gather supplies in nothing but his underwear. What did it matter, he thought as he caught his reflection in the bathroom mirror on his way past. He was home alone!

Reaching the living room, he threw everything on the couch. Plushie, baby bottle, pacifier, and the pièce de resistance: his brand new footies.

He had had a surprising number of options, but had settled on a pair with cars and trucks on them. They felt suitably babyish, which was what he had been going for. As he stepped into them, he wished he had a diaper. Ah, who cares? He would just pretend his underwear was a diaper, he thought. Now to fill his bottle. He stopped as he realized that the kitchen window faced the neighbors. There was only one solution.

Holding the bottle in one hand and the pacifier in his mouth, he crawled along into the kitchen, snickering to himself about how babyish he felt already. This was great!

He filled the bottle with the apple raspberry juice he had been eyeing with anticipation all day before screwing the top on. He could not help but giggle excitedly as his hand brushed the nipple of the baby bottle. Now to return to the living room to watch a movie in baby mode!

He froze as he heard the unmistakable sound of a key in the lock. Shit! He should have waited longer! He quickly shoved the bottle and pacifier out of sight of the front door, but what could he do about his pajamas? Could he tell mom and dad that he was chilly? It sounded like an obvious lie, but he would never tell them the truth!

The door opened and he realized it was neither his mom nor his dad. Worse. It was his little sister. She looked up from her phone and gaped at the sight before her.

"What the heck are you wearing?" She said in disbelief. He stammered for an answer, thrown by her being there instead of their parents. She snapped a couple photos with a smirk. "Oh, this is so great."

"Hey! Delete those!"

"Oh, I don't think you get to give me any orders." She said with a smirk. "In fact, pose."

"What?"

"Well, you're obviously wearing that by choice, so I dunno, put your hands on your hips and smile or something." Defeated, he did. "Perfect." She laughed. "Well, I was gonna quick grab something to bring back to Sylvie's, but I can't really leave my little brother home alone, can I?"

"Hey! I'm not"

"Hush. You are my baby brother dressed like that. Hold tight." She dialed her phone, not taking her eyes off of him for a sec. "Hey, Sylvie. Yeah, I'm gonna be a bit. My mom needs me to take care of, uh, something here, but I'll be back over soon as I can. Yep, sure. I'll bring it, don't worry." She hung up the phone and grinned at him. "Here's the deal, baby bro."

"Don't"

"Shush." She said forcefully. "Clearly I'm gonna have to babysit you until mom and dad get back. Behave and I'll let you change just before they get back. Argue and I lock you out on the front porch dressed just like that." She smirked at the stuffed animal on the couch. "Yours?" He nodded glumly, hoping against hope she would not find the bottle and pacifier just out of her sight on the kitchen counter. "Well, get over here and sit down. I'll put on Disney Junior for you." She watched him walk over. "You're not like wearing a diaper, are you?" He shook his head, red-faced. "Good. I don't do diapers." She looked him up and down and laughed. "God, this is so great. You're never living this down, you know that, right?" He sat down, heart pounding. "Can't believe I've had a little baby brother all this time. We're gonna have so much fun!"

Comments

Popular Posts